Our Team Is Here for You Every Step of the Way

  1. Home
  2.  » Fiancé Visas

Guiding You On The Path To A Fiancé Visa

Obtaining a fiancé visa is a step-by-step process that can be subject to delays at each of the various stages if not filed properly. The experienced immigration lawyers at Stouffer Law can help you decide whether the fiancé visa is the right path for you and your loved one in the first place, and if so, manage the process for you each step of the way to avoid unnecessary delay or denial of your application.

Who Can Apply?

If you are a United States citizen, you may sponsor your fiancé or fiancée to enter the United States on a K-1 fiancé visa. You must submit proof you have met your fiancé in person within the last two years, though there are limited exceptions to this requirement. Once your fiancé enters the United States, you are required to get married within 90 days. After the marriage takes place, the couple must file papers inside the United States so that the fiancé can become a lawful permanent resident or green-card holder.

Stouffer Law Is Here For You

When you are ready to apply for your fiancé visa, we are here to help. Please call our office in Berkely at 510-214-4007 or send us an online message to schedule an appointment.